Thursday, April 2, 2009

Twitter

I'm sure most of you have heard about this new craze known as twitter that is becoming more and more popular. Twitter is a social networking and blog service that allows its users to send and read other users updates known as tweets. Recently this new service has been taken to limits that have never been seen before. Professional athletes have actually updated there page during halftime of their games. To me that is nuts, keep your head in the game! Social networking sites like this and facebook are almost taking over people's lives. I don't know about you guys but I am on facebook way too much and it definitely takes away from my ability to get my school work done. Every time go on the internet I find myself on facebook without even intending to. What do you guys think should athletes being twittering in the middle of their games?

4 comments:

  1. just recently, Demi Moore helped save someone's life when she saw someone's tweet and reposted it to her thousands of followers. most of the people that saw it called in from around the world to 911 and they helped save that one person's life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Twitter has been around for at least a year, but all of a sudden the popularity shot up. I heard a story recently about Paul Pierce and Twitter. Apparently he "tweeted" that he'll be at a certain location and he gave a password and whoever showed up at a certain time and knew the password, he gave them free tickets to a game.

    - Bobby Miquel

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right, social networks are taking over peoples lives. Crazy to think of what they will come up with next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. People including myself are on the networking devices constantly ill check it once and then 10 minutes later ill check it again because its just something to do.

    ReplyDelete