Friday, February 13, 2009

'Alex Rodriguez Park'...Why?

This is a link to an interesting story I found while look at the ESPN website. It is sort of a follow up to my first post. The University of Miami officially named their baseball stadium Alex Rodriguez Park today. The Miami head coach Jim Morris says, "It's not fair to Alex to pinpoint one guy. I'm afraid I wouldn't want to see the list, but at the same time, I don't think it's fair to pinpoint one guy." This is similar to what I had said before about the fact the other 103 names have not been revealed and all the weight of this issue has been put on A-Rod. However I am a believer that revealing those names would be the best thing that baseball could do right now. I also don't know if I would of gone through with naming the field after A-Rod considering all that has taken place over the last week. What do you guys think, Did Miami do the right thing?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3906391

1 comment:

  1. I have to say that the issue just makes me shrug my shoulders--but I would be curious to know what folks at Miami have to say. It's their school stadium they have to deal w/ every game! Robber barons legitimized themselves thru donating money for public buildings and such 100 years ago, and it still works! So.... Ah, just get your syringe props and your Madonna masks ready, Red Sox fans!

    ReplyDelete